I’ve been meaning to do a post featuring Percy Jackson for
So, did that get you in the mood for some Percy Jackson teaching resources? 🙂 Well, here you go! Of course, it always makes sense to start with the best, and author Rick Riordan has a page with some fabulous resources, including an entire Lightning Thief unit! There is a Teacher’s Guide, School Project Ideas, Reader’s Guide to the Series, Event Guide, Rick’s Reading Recommendations, and Rationale. There is also an entire collection of additional Educational Resources. Great job Mr. Riordan! You can also check out http://www.percyjacksonbooks.com/ for videos, trivia, and more!
Percy Jackson Teaching Resources - Lesson Plans
- The Lightning Thief Discussion Guide – A summary of the book by Rick Riordan and suggested answers to 15 discussion questions (Scholastic).
- The Sea of Monsters Discussion Guide - Scholastic
- Various lesson plans and resources from Lesson Planet - Must have
membershipbut can do freetrial.
- Large list of lesson plans for various Rick Riordan books
- List of Lesson Plans, Teaching Guides, & more for purchase - Lesson Index
- The Sea of Monsters Extension Activity - Scholastic
- It Came From Greek Mythology from edsitement.neh.gov – This unit provides you with an opportunity to use online resources to further enliven your students’ encounter with Greek mythology.
- Lesson Plan - Using Words as a Way into Rick Riordan’s “The Lightning Thief”
- Going Greek! A companion lesson to accompany The Percy Jackson series
Percy Jackson Teaching Resources - Printables
- Huge assortment of printables from the official movie page
- Great collection of printables from ESLprintables.com
- Coloring Pages
- Percy Jackson coloring pages are educational and fun!
- Various printable worksheets - including quiz
- Free Printable Greek Mythology Coloring Pages; Gods, Goddesses, Creatures, Heroes and Legends
- Sea of Monsters Printable Activity Sheets!
- Sea Of Monsters Activity Sheets
Other Fun Stuff
- Behind the Scenes with Percy – Kid Reporter talks to actors,
directoron set in Canada
- Classroom Book Quiz Questions – Grades PreK-6 – Plan your own classroom Reading Game Show with these book quiz questions. Be a part of the Summer Challenge.
- Books vs. Movies: Teaching Visual Literacy and Literature Through Film – Grades 3-8 – Compare movie versions with original books in this unit for your class.
- Hosting a Percy Day at School
- A Book-Themed Birthday Party
- Online Quiz
- Hanukkah Activity 2013
Have fun with these Percy Jackson resources, and be sure to leave a comment telling me how you used them!!
**This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps us keep our freebies, content, and resources FREE ALWAYS! We really appreciate your support!