March Madness - Lesson Plans For NCAA Basketball Tournament
**UPDATED 3/24/16, 2/7/19, and 3/3/20 TO ADD MORE RESOURCES!** Get your March Madness bracket ready!
Is your March Madness bracket ready? The NCAA Tournament starts soon and March Madness will officially be upon us. Why not use this fun basketball tournament to engage your students and/or children in some great learning activities?! Here are some great ones to get you started, but don’t hesitate to be creative and come up with some of your own (and if you do, please share)!!! Also, make sure to check out the official NCAA Tournament Site for tons of info and updates.
**This post may contain affiliate links. Therefore, if you purchase something through the link we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps us keep our freebies, content, and resources FREE ALWAYS! We really appreciate your support!
First, check out these super fun WebQuests
- March Madness Webquest: In this WebQuest, students will look at many different areas of math found in the NCAA basketball tournament. Students will use the NCAA bracket to look at all the teams participating in the tournament. The world of math will come alive as students find fractions, decimals, and percents; probability statistics; make predictions, and look for patterns. By the end of this WebQuest, students will be able to relate a variety of math facts to the NCAA tournament and explain the importance of Mathematics in basketball.
- Interdisciplinary Web Quest for 8th Grade: As officials of the athletic department for your school you are responsible for making the plans for your team to attend the tournament. Travel plans will need to be made, statistics will need to be gathered, possible opponents need to be studied, and a program page will need to be created.
Lesson Plans and More
- March Fun: Basketball Lesson Plans
- Probability Activity
- Reading For Information Lesson Plan - Grades 9-12
- Tons of Great Activity Ideas from Lesson Planet
- March Madness Math Problems - FREE lesson for middle school
- Some great activity ideas from Women’s forum - Ideas to get kids moving!
- Sports Crafts for Kids
- 30 NCAA Basketball Lesson Links … PBL Series… Best Classroom Lessons Never Taught
- Pinterest Page with lots of great resources: March Madness in the Classroom
- Basketball Math Centers - FREEBIE
- 3 March Madness Printable Math Activities from Yummy Math
- Worksheets, Lesson Plans, Printables for Middle School
- Free worksheet for Grades K-4
- Basketball and net printable coloring page
- DiscoBratz March Madness Coloring Page
- Tons of basketball coloring pages
- Basketball Word Search
- The following basketball printables are excellent activities for kids to enjoy their favorite sport. The printable basketball pages currently available are word searches, a shaped maze, counting mazes, dot to dot printables, basketball coloring pages, preschool tracing worksheets, cryptogram puzzles and other fun worksheets for kids.
More March Madness Fun!
What are you doing for March Madness? Please share it in a comment!