Día de los Muertos Teaching Resources
Are you as excited as I am for Día de los Muertos? Then you’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re a teacher or a parent, teaching about this holiday is so much fun! Given that there are so many Día de los Muertos Teaching Resources, I have compiled a list of my favorites that I hope will help. When you’re finished checking them out please leave a comment with your favorites!
**This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps me keep our freebies, content, and resources FREE ALWAYS! I really appreciate your support!
First, here’s a short video that does a nice job of getting across the meaning of the holiday. My students love Eddie! 🙂
- First, Lesson Planet has a huge collection of resources for Día de los Muertos.
- Second, see this Lesson Plan with printable activities - Originally written for 5th grade, but could be adapted for grades 3-12.
- Also, this is an amazing resource from MisCositas: Thematic curriculum unit about the Day of the Dead for intermediate Spanish students: This interdisciplinary unit comes with lesson plans, worksheets, and resources for celebrating the Day of the Dead in your classroom. Downloadable and FREE!!!
- Additionally, this is a great Free Day of the Dead Mini-Unit for grades 4-5
- Next, here is a free K-12 Educator’s Guide from Latin American & Iberian Institute
- Further, be sure to explore this collection of resources from Inside Mexico.
- In addition, here’s a great resource to learn about the holiday from National Geographic Kids.
- Finally, don’t miss this FREE printable Day of the Dead Educational Activity Guide from Mexic Arte Museum.
Día de los Muertos Games & Activities
- To begin, here’s a fun Webquest (it is all in Spanish so best for upper levels).
- Next, Mommy Maestra has a fabulous collection of printables to make learning about this holiday fun!
- Further, Homeschool Super Freak has this awesome collection of 24 Day of the Dead Activities (Dia de Muertos) for Kids
- Also, this huge collection of resources from Spanish Mama is not to be missed!
Arts & Crafts
- Next, here is a fun DIY Catrina Activity for Kids.
- Then see this adorable Felt Skull Banner project from Crafty Chica
- Additionally, if you enjoy crafts here are 10 Awesome Day of the Dead Crafts for Kids from Hodge Podge Craft
- Finally, Growing Up Bilingual has this fabulous collection: 25 Easy Day Of The Dead DIY Projects
Of course, no collection of Día de los Muertos teaching resources would be complete without talking about Coco! In truth, I think I’ve seen the movie more than 20 times! Since I love it so much, I’m sharing some awesome resources to use with the movie.
- To begin, here is a collection of The Best Teaching Resources For The Movie, “Coco”
- Next, here is a great film guide with downloadable activities
- Then check out this amazing collection of Coco resources from Mis Clases Locas!
- Additionally, if you teach upper grades read this post featuring upper-level resources for Coco.
- Finally, this collection of resources from The Positive Mom includes tons of information and free printables!
Día de los Muertos Books
Also, check out this post about Bilingual Children’s books.
I hope you enjoy these resources! If you are interested in learning some Spanish words related to Halloween/Día de los Muertos please check out these resources (you can save 20% by getting all 6 in a bundle here):
Feliz Día de los Muertos!