Amazon Prime Day Deals for Teachers, Students, & Parents
Amazon Prime Day is almost here! This year Prime Day will begin at Midnight PT on June 20 and will end at 11:59 pm on June 21. However, if you’re like me, trying to figure out the best deals is overwhelming! Moreover, knowing how to snag deals before they are gone is really important. Therefore, to help you out I have put together some tips, tricks, and, of course, fabulous deals.
**This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps me keep our freebies, content, and resources FREE ALWAYS! I really appreciate your support!
Amazon Prime Day – Getting Ready
1. Make sure you are an Amazon Prime member
First, be sure you are already an Amazon Prime member. I know…duh…but if you aren’t then you don’t want to waste time signing up as you could miss some deals. In fact, if you are a student you can get a special rate! Click the image below to save 50%!
In addition, if you aren’t an Amazon Prime member, you can try it for FREE for 30 days! Therefore, you can get all of the Prime Day deals without any commitment! For more info just click this image:
Finally, if for some reason you don’t have access to a free trial and you don’t want to pay, ask family members who already have a Prime membership. Amazon lets you set up a Prime household with up to two adult members. Click here for more information!
2. Know how to shop to get the best Amazon Prime deals
First, remember that while Amazon Prime Day has deals similar to Black Friday, the way it is set up is different. To clarify, Black Friday deals typically run while supplies last. However, Amazon’s Prime Day is more like several mini-sale events. Deals are released at specific times throughout the 48-hour period starting on July 15 at 3 a.m. EST. In addition, some discounts are classified as “Lightning Deals,” which offer substantial savings on a limited quantity of name-brand items. In fact, items that are part of these sales typically sell out within minutes.
Further, once Prime Day begins, Amazon also offers Prime Early Access on some sale items. In fact, this allows members to get 30 minutes of early access before deals are shown live on the site.
Another way to help ensure you get the best deals before they are gone is to set up 1-click ordering. This will make it much easier to snag one of the Lightning Deals. Also, note that this year many of the biggest deals will only be accessible via Alexa-enabled devices, including Echo home speakers. Just say “Alexa, what are your deals?” and you will hear all of the current deals (including Prime Day ones). Be sure to have your shipping and payment details pre-set or you won’t be able to use this. If you are not sure how to do this, here is a great article that explains it.
3. Get notified
In addition to shopping from your desktop, a great way to shop is Amazon’s mobile app. Specifically, once you are on the app, turn on “personalized notifications” in the app settings to get push alerts when deals are live. Undoubtedly this will give you a leg up on everyone else trying to shop!
Another way to find out Amazon Prime Day deals before the event is to search “sneak peek” in the Amazon app to receive daily, app-exclusive sneak peeks of Prime Day deals. For more information on this click here.
4. Make a list
Since deals come and go so quickly, I would suggest making yourself a list of products you are looking for so you don’t waste time trying to remember once the sale starts. Also include links to specific items you know you want: both those you know will be on sale as well as those you are hoping might be. To help get your list started, keep reading to discover some of my favorite Prime Day deals!
Finally, if there’s a specific item that you’re searching for that you don’t see in previews, you can create your own wish list and Amazon will send you an alert if the product becomes part of a Prime Day deal.
First, be sure to check out all Prime Day deals here – and bookmark the page so you can check back to see new deals. Keep an eye out for special “Amazon Launch” deals as well. These are new products launched on Prime Day just for members!
Next, as a parent and educator, my favorite deals are (you guessed it) those related to teaching and parenting. Specifically, things teachers might love for both inside or outside the classroom, items to help parents, educational toys and games, and items for college students (my son just finished his freshman year of college and my daughter will be headed to college in 2 years so I am always looking!)! I have broken these down into categories. If you have any great ones to add, please leave a comment so we can all enjoy them! I will also update this if any new ones become available, so please check back often!
Finally, be sure to check out Amazon’s “Happy School Year” Store for parents, students, and educators to find classroom supplies, laptops, and other electronics, backpacks, and back-to-school clothes in one place.
HOT DEALS – ADDED THROUGHOUT THE 2 DAYS (AND EARLIER!) SO CHECK BACK OFTEN!
Ok, I am starting with this because I personally have the larger one (I’ll be watching to see if it drops!) and I absolutely love it. Like use it every day love it. So far I have only used the instant pot (pressure cooker) and air fryer features, but everything comes out amazing and I can’t wait to try the outer functions too! If you’re going to splurge on one thing this Prime Day, I’d highly recommend that this be it! Normally $165.99, now $139.99.
- Save up to $90 on a full-featured Fire HD 8 tablet (not a toy), 1 year of Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited), a Kid-Proof Case with built-in stand, and 2-year worry-free guarantee—versus items purchased separately.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if it breaks, return it and we’ll replace it for free.
- The included 1 year of Amazon Kids+ gives your kids access to over 20,000 apps, games, books, videos, Audible books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Your subscription will then automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus applicable tax. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Over 20 million kids (and their parents) have enjoyed Amazon Kids (FreeTime) service. Amazon Kids parental controls allow you to set educational goals, create time limits, and filter content.
- Parents can give kids access to more apps like Netflix, Minecraft, and Zoom via the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
- Stream over wifi or view downloaded content on the go with 32 GB of internal storage and up to 12 hours of battery for reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music. Add a microSD card for up to 1 TB of additional storage.
- Amazon Kids+ includes thousands of Spanish language books, videos, apps, games, and Audible books.
- Now with USB-C for easier charging. Includes a USB-C cable and 5W power adapter in the box.
Normally $139.99, now just $69.99!!
Echo Show 5 (1st Gen, 2019 release) — Smart display with Alexa – stay connected with video calling – Sandstone – regularly $79.99, Prime Day Deal (ALREADY ACTIVE!!) Just $44.99!
- Alexa can show you more – Compact 5.5” smart display ready to help manage your day, entertain at a glance, and connect you to friends and family.
- Made to fit your life – Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Choose the clock face that fits your style best and glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Big entertainment – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home – Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats. Create morning routines to start your day.
- Connect with video calling and messaging – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Put your memories on display – Use Amazon Photos & Alexa for a picture-perfect pairing. You can turn your home screen into a digital frame, share your favorites with friends and family, and even take photos.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic/camera off button and a built-in camera shutter.
Amazon eero mesh WiFi system – router replacement for whole-home coverage (3-pack) – Originally $249, now $174.00.
Perfect for remote learning when you have many people trying to access the internet all at the same time!
- Whole-home coverage – An eero 3-pack is a whole-home WiFi system that replaces your router and covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Works with Alexa – With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
Lots of great deals already happening on Hasbro Games & Preschool Toys – some up to 50% off!
Including Health Predispositions, Carrier Status, Wellness, and Trait Reports
On sale from $199.00 to $149.00!
Deals on Educational Games and Toys
Ritastar APP Remote Control Robot Building Blocks Creative Toolbox Educational Smart Tracked RC Robotics Building Bricks Set Kit S.T.E.M Learning Toy Gift for Boys Girls Kids 8 and Above (Red,392pcs). Educational Objective: Logical Thinking, Hand-Eye Coordination, Creative Thinking, STEM. Was $45.99 now $23.99!
Osmo – Little Genius Starter Kit for Fire Tablet – 4 Educational Learning Games – Preschool Ages – Problem Solving, & Creativity – STEM Toy (Osmo Fire Tablet Base Included – Amazon Exclusive) Was $79.99, now $52.69!!
Classroom & School Supply Deals
Learning Resources Magnetic Pocket Chart Squares, Classroom/Teacher Organizer, Various Colors, All Grades, Set of 6 – Was $34.99, now just $28.98!
- ADD a splash of color to your organizational schemes!
- INCLUDES six organizer squares in updated colors—red, blue, purple, orange, and more!
- FILL the durable plastic organizer pockets with pens, papers, or other supplies!
- HANG your pocket charts with the built-in magnets or hook-and-loop fasteners!
- ARRANGE your pocket charts as individual squares, or as one large chart!
- Save up to 25% on household essentials (which we all know are also needed in the classroom)!
*THESE ARE MY FAVORITES!
Deals on Electronics
Teacher Deals – Outside the Classroom (teachers deserve some R & R)!
- Click for some fun teacher items (parents, these are some great gift ideas – hint, hint)
Deals for Parents
Deals for College Students
BedShelfie The Original Bedside Shelf for Bed and Bunk Bed Shelf 4 Colors / 5 Styles: I am so excited that this is on sale this Prime Day! My son got this from my mom at the start of his freshman year last year and proclaimed it to be one of his favorite things! There are various styles ranging from $34.99 to $59.99, but now through Prime Day there is a 20% off coupon valid on any of the styles so grab yours now. Makes a great graduation gift or going away present!
Here is another recommendation from my son! LED Desk Lamp, Desk Lamps for Home Office with USB Charging Port and 3000mah Battery, Eye-Caring Table Lamp with 5 Color Modes and 5 Brightness Levels, 30/60mins Timer Desk Light for Working, Reading
Was $35.99, now $21.99!
I hope this information and deals help you save a ton of money! Is there something special you are trying to find a deal for? If so, leave a comment and I can try to help find it. I’d also love to know about any deals you do find so please leave a comment with your best deals! Please also check out my favorites page on Amazon. I am always adding products that are great for teachers, parents, and students. Happy Shopping!