Easter is almost here! Now is a great time to teach your students and children about this important holiday, even if do not celebrate it in their own homes.
Here are some great teaching resources:
The Easter Story – A few different versions
- The Story from ChildrensChapel.org (Text/printable version can be found HERE)
- Several versions for various ages (as well as various other activities, including history and traditions, coloring pages, crafts, games, puzzles, songs, recipes and more!)
- Short Stories for Kids – Children’s Fun Literature from Apples 4 the Teacher
- Animated Video (Kid-Friendly) – They are series of animated shorts designed for children’s church or Sunday school. They tell the story of Jesus death and resurrection. Despite the subject, the cartoon style animations here present the story in a child appropriate way. These clips were produced by this ministry based on the CEV translation of the book of Mark.
Lesson Plans/Teaching Resources
- Tons of great resources for teachers from teacherhelp.org (Bulletin Boards and Wall Decoration, Songs, Games, Crafts and more)!
- Great information about how various cultures celebrate the holiday, including different traditions
- 7 Free Educational Printable Sets (Worksheets, Lapbooks, and Unit Studies too!)
- Nice collection of lessons from Kiddy House
- Lesson for ESL Students
- Collection of Activities and Lesson Plans from the Teacher’s Corner
- 40 Activities for Kids
- Lots of great lessons, including math, science and language arts
- Math & Literacy Activities
- Spring Lesson Unit on Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- Kindergarten Word Work Center
- Science – Boiling Egg Experiment
- Free Printable Coloring Pages for Kids – Games and Activities Too
- 100 Free Printables!
- Egg Sight Words- Dolch Primer words – Free printable
- Free Printable Worksheet Packet from Mama’s Learning Corner
- Kindergarten Picture Math
- Add an Egg – 1st Grade Math Sheet
- Rabbit Tracing Worksheet
- Dot-to-Dot Bunny
- Big Collection of Printables from All Kids Network
- Great list of games for kids
- Games and other party ideas
- “Stack ’em Don’t Crack ’em” : Plastic Egg Stacking Game – This game can easily be modified to focus on different concepts: sequencing, counting, color identification, etc.
- Fun list of games
- 5 Best Egg Games
- Don’t Eat the Peep
- Fun Outdoor Games for the Family
- Lots of fun online games
- 16 Treats to Make With Your Kids (Hop to It!)
|10 Fun Easter Craft Ideas For Kids|
|Marshmallow Bunny Craft|
|Yarn Easter Eggs|
|Egg Potato Stamping Craft for Kids|
|Easter Bunny boxes for juice boxes|
|How to make Minions Easter Eggs… the easy way!|
Here are some great books, toys and more!
And finally, some fabulous deals on Easter products!
- Celebrate with a little Basket Magic from Pepperidge Farm Goldfish My Way! Customize today! Order by 4.2. to Receive by Easter.
- Get $10 off a purchase of $50 or more with code BAB10OFF50 and a FREE Egg Decorating Kit on any order over $25! Hop to it, this offer expires 4/11!