*Updated July 2014
The 4th of July is coming soon! Even though the kids are out of school, this is a perfect time to use some fun, educational lessons and activities to teach them about this important holiday. Here are some great ones to try!
Make your Fourth of July party berry nice with these easy treats.
Easy and festive, these frozen pops are surefire cool-off hits.
For several more fabulous recipes, click here!
This colorful constellation is a blast to wear, whether you’re watching a parade or marching in it.
Kids can create a patriotic pal for the holiday! This fun project is great for little ones who will love putting on the oh-so-soft beard made of cotton balls.
Have your kids make this fireworks craft using a bunch of straws as a stamper! It’s a quick and easy 4th of July or Memorial Day art project!
Lesson Plans/Teacher Resources
- Huge amount of Fourth of July Lesson Plans from HotChalk’s LessonPlanPage
- Lot of Independence Day lessons, crafts and more from A to Z Teacher Stuff
- Lesson Plans, Worksheets and Activities from Teacher Planet
- Tons of holiday Teacher Resources from TeacherVision
- Fourth Of July Preschool Lesson Plans
- CELEBRATE FOURTH OF JULY LESSON PLAN FOR GRADES K–2
- Nice collection of teacher resources from MrDonn.org
- Activities and Crafts for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Huge collection from Disney Family Fun
- Lots of Printables from Kaboose.com
- General USA and Independence Day Printables from DLTK
- Printables and Worksheets – Apples4theTeacher
- Color Pages, and Invitations
- Fourth of July Printable Worksheets
- FREE printable stickers and patriotic printables
- Large Collection of 4th of July Printables
- 20 FREE Printables
- 12 Free Party Printables
- HUGE Free Printable Pack from Money Saving Mom
- July 4th Coloring Pages