Unless you have been living under a rock you have likely seen Angry Birds popping up everywhere! My kids love the game and I still can’t figure out how they are so much better at it than I am. I am a firm believer in the fact that children learn better (and more easily) when they are engaged, and favorite characters are a fabulous way of accomplishing this. Here are some ideas on how you can use Angry Birds as a teaching resource (and, of course, for a little fun too)!
- Using the Birds to teach math, history and science
- Great Collection of Activities from Green Bean Kindergarten
- Read, Build, Write Mats
- Crafting with the Birds
- Five Lessons On Teaching From Birds That Have Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Parabolas (not really a lesson but very interesting)
- ESL / EFL Lesson Plan
- Angry Birds an Educational Tool? Teachers Use the Birds for Physics Lesson
- DIY Craft Round Up
- Birds in the Physics Classroom
- Great collection from kbkonnected
- Birds Invade the Speech Room
- Paper Plates Craft
- Bingo- FREE PRINTABLES
- Angry Bird Main Idea ($) – This worksheet is used to teach main idea. The students can use whatever book or paragraph they would like. They need to chose the main idea and write it in the angry bird. The three pigs are for the supporting details to support the main idea.
- Felt Board for Angry Birds – Printables to create felt board birds (color and black and white versions)
- Color Word Matching (color and black and white versions)
- Kindergarten Printables – Awesome FREE collection!
- Balloon Printables
- Coloring Pages
- Party Printables
- More Coloring Pages
- Angry Birds Coloring Sheets
- Free Printable Postcards
- Printables for Preschool and Kindergarten
And how cute is this? Make your own pizza! Click here for more photos and detailed step-by-step instructions on how to make your own!
There are also some great deals on products available right now! Stock up on things for your classroom or playroom, or purchase gifts that are sure to please!!